Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can cause serious damage to a house. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can damage both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as fire repair experts, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke repair services experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.