Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can see it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, although the species of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your home. It’s only when there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way to treat it then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be a long project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, your prime choice is to work with a company who specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house along with major health concerns for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with getting your home healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus that enters homes. It grows in damp, porous areas such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is good, as it is among the more horrible. It requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in warm and cold areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in colder temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.