How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Has your house experienced water damage? It’s imperative to call the professionals immediately. The professionals from Paul Davis will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage. But there are things you can do around the house to avoid expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to know how to check for water damage in your house.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water collects in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your house to examine water damage at a moment’s notice. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, your house will endure for years to come. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s critical to be vigilant. Do you suspect that your house is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
Are you worried about your house receiving water damages? There are precautionary actions that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Do the following to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Your house can undergo serious damages from a leaking or burst pipe. Call Paul! at (479) 644-7782 if you have significant water damages on your hands. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as they can. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle any water emergency you have for us.