Water Damage Can Happen Anytime
No business is immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. The professionals from Paul Davis understand. To decrease your home’s water damage, contact the professionals as soon as possible. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem, no matter the size of water damage. While we can help restore your home, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Every homeowner needs to know how to protect their property from water damages.
What Causes Water Damage
How does your house sustain water damage? When extra water accumulates in areas where it can cause problems. The professionals from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to analyze water damage. However, it’s important to know what to look for. If you can prevent water damage from occurring, you will live in your house for years. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your house can cause water damage. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s critical to be cautious. Do you suspect that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Avoiding Water Damage
If you’re worried about your house receiving water damages, there are a few precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (479) 644-7782. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us take care of you.