How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be hard to detect by the untrained eye. Thankfully for property owners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experts can handle any amount of water damage at very reasonable rates. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But in order to find water damage before it escalates, property owners must to be able to detect water damage. There are precautionary steps you can take to avoid water damage on your property. The key to water damage repairs are prevention.
The Causes of Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when extra water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis can come to your home to assess water damage as soon as possible. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you can live in your home for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your home can cause flooding. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s important to be on the lookout. Do you believe that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Prevention
The most efficient method of preventing water damage is to take action. To dodge pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis (479) 644-7782. Paul Davis has been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Let us help you.