No Home is Immune to Water Damage
No home can be immune to water damages. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family. Call the professionals as soon as possible to decrease your home’s water damage. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. However, you can avoid the cost of water damages. It’s imperative for every homeowner to understand how to protect their property from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage in your home. You might have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here’s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. Don’t let this happen to you. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Your home can experience serious damages from a leaking or burst pipe. Call Paul! at (479) 644-7782 if you have significant water damages in your home. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no emergency too big for Paul Davis to repair.