Water Damage Can Happen in Any Home
Unless you have experience with water damage, it can be very hard to detect. Thankfully for property owners, the experts from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at very affordable rates. If your home has unforeseen water damage, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every property owner should have the skill of identifying water damage. It’s imperative to know what preemptive actions to take in order to prevent water damage. The key to water damage repairs are avoiding them all together.
What Causes Water Damage
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. That’s why it’s imperative to be on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You’ll have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here’s what can cause water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Avoiding Water Damage
If you’re worried about your home receiving water damages, there are precautionary actions that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. In that case, call Paul Davis (479) 644-7782. We’ve taken care of water damages in homes for years. Let us take care of you.