No House is Immune to Water Damage
With a large house to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Many homeowners have found unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. The experts from Paul Davis will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to prevent costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need to know how to look for water damage in your house.
What Causes Water Damage?
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water collects in areas where it can cause problems. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your house to assess water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, you will live in your house for years. Water damage can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s important to be careful. Do you believe that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
The best method of stopping water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the the best way to avoid expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To prevent water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive steps to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis (479) 644-7782. We’ve been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Let us help you.